Dhorpatan Hunting Tour
Besides national parks and wildlife reserves His Majesty's Government of Nepal has also set aside a hunting reserve at Dhorpatan where controlled hunting of some species is allowed. Covering an area of 1,325 sq. km., the reserve is situated on the southern flanks of Mt. Dhaulangiri I (8,167 m.) in districts of Rukum, Baglung and Myagdi in western Nepal.
The area's vegetation is characterised by well-developed mixed-hardwood forest at lower elevation and many plant species of drier climate to the north. Tree species include fir, pine, birch, rhododendron, hemlock, oak, juniper and spruce. As in many other protected environments of Nepal, the reserve includes several villages inhabited by hill tribes as well as people of Tibetan descent who supplement farming with trade and animal husbandry. The reserve is one of the prime habitats of blue sheep, a highly prized trophy animal, which is the main target of hunters. Other game species are ghoral, serow, Himalayan tahr, black bear, pheasant and partridge. Endangered species of the area include the red panda and cheer pheasant. Controlled hunting is allowed with proper licence and certain seasons of the year. Game licence is issued by the Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation in Kathmandu and there are a few hunting outfitters who can make arrangements for expeditions. Besides hunting, Dhorpatan is also an attractive destination for the trekkers and wildlife enthusiasts as protection has enabled animal numbers to increase in this rarely visited area.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu. Meet assist at the airport and transfer to the hotel
Day 02: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
Day 03: Kathmandu - Baglung by bus
Day 04: Baglung - Biu Kot
Day 05: Biu Kot - Gal Kot
Day 06: Gal Kot - Bhim Gheete
Day 07: Bhim Gheete - Burtibang
Day 08: Burtibang - Dowal Phedi
Day 09: Dowal Phedi - Dhorpatan
Day 10: Rest & Animal Spotting
Day 11: Rest & Animal Spotting
Day 12: Dhorpatan - Jaljala
Day 13: Jaljala - Maraeni
Day 14: Maraeni - Darbang
Day 15: Darbang - Beni
Day 16: Beni - Pokhara - Sightseeing
Day 17: Sightseeing in Pokhara
Day 18: Pokhara - Kathmandu by bus
Day 19: Rest and souvenir shopping
Day 20: Drive back to Kathmandu International airport for onward flight
- Warn welcome airport in Kathmandu & transfer hotel
- All arrival and departure transfers using private vehicle
- Hotel accommodation at respective hotels on BB (Bed & Breakfast) basis in all places except in Chitwan
- Hotel accommodation at respective hotels on FB (Bed, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) basis in Chitwan
- Hotel accommodation on BB (Bed & Breakfast) basis
- All sightseeing with local English speaking guide
- All transfer by private vehicle; it is depend on group size
- Necessary entrance fees
- Farewell dinner with Nepali with live cultural performance
- Airfare to/from Nepal.
- Nepal visa fee – available upon arrival at Kathmandu airport or border
- Beverage and expenses of personal nature.
- Any Optional Sightseeing Tours and extension of tours, hotel accommodation etc.
- Tips to guide, porters, drivers etc.
- Personal Insurance.
Please fill up the form bellow and submit it. As per your requirement, we will get back to you very soon with details.
Mountain Flight Flight Ticket Airport Pickup/Drop